DIY: 3D PRINTER
At the DIY: 3D PRINTER workshop you will get an overview about all types of 3D printing technologies currently available. You will discover why it is a disruptive technology that will change the paradigms of manufacturing and production. But the best of all: You will get back home with your own brand new 3D printer!!
During the workshop, you will assemble a Prusa i3 from scratch. The Prusa i3 is one of the latest generation open-source 3D printers available which combines easy assembly with quality printing. Being one of the most popular open-source 3D printers, it is perfect for beginners that will be able to find a lot of information and help in the Rep Rap internet community.
CONVERT IDEAS INTO BITS, AND BITS INTO ATOMS! MAKE YOUR IMAGINATION COME REAL!
The 3D Printer is the most flexible fabrication tool ever created. No matter how complex is the shape you want to cast, 3D printers can build it fast and easily. Free-form homemade creation is real.
- Print your own customized jewelry for your girlfriend
- Print the missing piece of your chess set or table game
- Print your quadcopter’s propellers
- Print unavailable pieces for appliances repairing
- Print fast prototypes of your designs an test them
OBJECTIVE: The course is designed to be an introduction to 3D printers and 3D printing technologies. The participants will assemble a 3D printer from scratch and learn how to use it.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Product designers, hobbyist, architects, artists, craftsmen, mechanics or anybody willing to get started into the universe of 3D printers and rapid prototyping. No previous knowledge of electronics or programming is required.
WORKSHOP MATERIAL: You will need to bring your own laptop. The Prusa i3 assembly kit used during the workshop will be provided.
PART 1: INTRO
- HOW DOES A 3D PRINTER WORK?
- WHY ARE 3D PRINTERS SO SPECIAL?
- 3D PRINTER TECHNOLOGIES OVERVIEW
- BRIEF HISTORY OF 3D PRINTING
- REPRAP PROJECT
- TECHNOLOGIES IN OUR 3D PRINTER
- 3D PRINTER’S MAIN PARTS
- 3D PRINTERS’ CLASSIFICATION
PART 2: HARDWARE ASSEMBLING
- BEFORE ASSEMBLING: TOOLS WE NEED
- FOCUS ON FRAME STRUCTURE
- FOCUS ON LINEAR MOTIONS
- FOCUS ON EXTRUDER
- SPEED vs. ACCURACY.
- ENEMIES: BACKLASH & FRAME FLEXIBILITY
- FOCUS ON ELECTRONICS
- Prior knowledge and experience: You have to attend the 3D PRINTING: Rapid PLA Prototyping workshop or have proven previous experience using a RepRap 3D Printer.
- Price: Check the PRICE LIST
- Where, when and inscriptions: Check for the EVENTS CALENDAR for INSCRIPTION
YOU WILL GET:
Prusa I3 3D printer:
- RAMPS 1.4 Electronics and cables
- Single Wade’s Geared Extruder (with J-HEAD MK-V hotend)
- 5 stepper motors
- T-Fix (plywood) CNC cut frame
- Mechanical endstops
- Complete PLA / Resin set of pieces
- Complete set of pulleys, belts and bearings
- Complete set of rods, bolts and screws
- Further technical support (Up to 5 tickets)
- 10 m PLA filament
- Plastic tube for cables
- Plexiglass bed (20×20 cm)